Help save Bears Ears and Canyons of the Ancients National Monuments! Comment by midnight on Thursday, May 25th!
Your. Voice. Matters. Click HERE to make it heard.
Tell the Interior Department that you support Canyons of the Ancients and Bears Ears National Monuments, and to leave them unchanged!
Click HERE to make a comment to the Interior Department by May 25th!
What you should know:
- The comment period opened May 11th. Comments on Bears Ears NM will only be accepted through May 25th!
- Comments on all other Monuments will be accepted until July 10th.
- The Interior Dept. will count comments based on mentions BY NAME. It’s critical to state the name of the Monuments you’re commenting on.
- DOI information on the review process: https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/interior-department-releases-list-monuments-under-review-announces-first-ever-formal
- We need to get our comments in NOW – each person can only comment ONCE, so your comments need to include Canyons of the Ancients, Bears Ears, and any other Monuments you care about!!
Attacks on National Monuments are an attack on our public lands: Since the Antiquities Act was signed by Teddy Roosevelt in 1906, presidents of both parties have used it many times to protect areas of national, historic, and archaeological significance across the nation. It’s a critical tool to have when Congress is unable or unwilling to enact public land protection legislation. That’s why it’s under attack – make no mistake, the Trump Executive Order and bills to undermine the Antiquities Act are part of a larger effort to gut ALL kinds of public lands protections.
Colorado has eight National Monuments, including the recently designated Chimney Rock and Brown’s Canyon NM. It’s possible these two could come under future review, however the main target in Colorado is Canyons of the Ancients, an amazing trove of history, with the highest density of ancestral Puebloan sites in the nation.
Please share your comments with our congressional representatives – it’s critical that they see strong support for our monuments.
- Senator Michael Bennet: https://www.bennet.senate.gov/?p=contact
- Senator Cory Gardner: https://www.gardner.senate.gov/contact-cory/email-cory
- Congressman Scott Tipton: https://tipton.house.gov/contact/email
DRBA Board Member Search
If you are interested in getting deeply involved with DRBA, please consider a position on our Board of Directors or our Advisory Board. Contact Amber at 970-799-8704 if you want to learn more!
There are many opportunities to help out with Dolores River Boating Advocates.
Call 970-799-8704, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to become involved.
Subscribe to our newsletter to receive regular email updates!
Dolores River Boating Advocates relies on contributions from supporters to “keep the boat afloat.” Please support our work with a donation today of $100, $50 or whatever amount is right for you. Go to the “Donate” page on this site to give securely online, or click here. Or mail your check to DRBA at PO Box 1173, Dolores, CO 81323. Thank you for your help!